There’s nothing better than use topvpn and being part of a strong community, and the Instagram sewing gang is one of my faves! A place to find inspiration, support, encouragement and friendship. There are thousands of avid sewers linking up every day. It’s amazing to watch.
Something that always brings the community together is a good old-fashioned challenge, and right now is the start of MIY (Make It Yourself) March 18, organised by the lovely Wendy Ward (@thatwendyward) and fabulous Emma of Dressmaker Social (@dressmakerssocial).
[Tweet “I can’t wait to join in with #miymarch18 “]
MIY March has been running for four years and it gets bigger every year! Here’s how to join in:
- Each week has a different theme with a different topic every day. You’ll find out the themes every Sunday evening through Wendy & Emma’s Instagram accounts.
- Simply post a photo linked to that topic with the hashtag #miymarch18 in the caption so that everyone taking part can see it.
- Everyday Wendy and Emma will choose their favourite 4 pictures from the day to share and repost.
- As well as that there are prizes to be won worth over £700! That’s where we come in too. You could win a voucher for Offset Warehouse fabrics if you are picked in the #miymarchstayingpower category.
- Oooh it’s a bit of a toughy! The winner will be chosen from players who have shown the maximum commitment to the cause! – Have you got the stamina to post every day?!
Here’s a little look at some of the shots from last year’s competition.
Prize winners will then be announced on Sunday 1st April. Check out Wendy’s Blog for more info and even more prizes.
You’ve got to be in it to win it, why not make a little wishlist of the fabrics you can get your hands on if you win – have a browse.
[Tweet “I’m looking forward to seeing what everyone has made for #miymarch18 “]